Saturday, April 09, 2005

Faces of Stress

This part-time-work business was a good idea. After a few hours, details start to seem a little hazy and I find myself craving a bit of “empty head” time. I need to come up to speed on a number of procedural and operational changes and this alone will take some weeks and besides, it gives me the opportunity to dig the Springshine with “La Luna”. Remember the semi-bogus movie Faces of Death? The office looked a bit like Faces of Stress this week, which I hope is just growing pains with the realignment project in place.


I haven’t had much of a chance to write lately, but one piece of news of course is the TTC strike as of Monday. Good thing I can ride my bike to work! I have to chuckle at the non-smiling “serious cyclists” decked out in their 21st century fabric and neon colour. Everyone wants to be Lance Armstrong.


There is a lot of new tree planting and restoration of wetland along the Don River. The water quality is so much better; it’s really come back these last few years, and it is definitely headed in the right direction. To live so close to a great green space in a city this size is truly amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget, you have learned the priceless lesson that most humanoids figure out way too late in life: "priorities change when you've stared down the big stuff"

Your work will never be the same again. You will find new avenues of growth, and also perhaps develop new frustration with old patterns.

MIRACLES have a tendency to do that to us.

Catherine