Friday, April 01, 2005

Tuesday night I went to hear Dr. Tator speak about treatment for acoustic neuroma with gamma knife. He has had a distinguished career as a surgeon and has performed many successful AN excisions, although he has embraced the GK concept as a better alternative. (Toronto now has a GK machine and will commence treatment starting in July.) I consider myself lucky I didn’t have to agonize over this decision, (my AN was too large and had a cystic component) but given the choice, would probably lean toward surgery. There would be less post-op anxiety associated with excision, and I would rather they go in and physically remove the tumour.

There could’ve been some sort of coffee shop gathering organized after the meeting; there was a lot of awkward and stilted conversation begging to be brought forward. Hopefully next time.

I set up my drums in the sun room yesterday and played for an hour and although it felt great - I'm out of practice. Good thing this only gets better.

Tess and I are going to San Francisco for a week in June.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But did you get his AUTOGRAPH???

didja? didja? didja?

Anonymous said...

oops sorry John, that was me.

I've reformatted my laptop and don't have all the log in names/passwords set up yet.

Catherine