Saturday, December 11, 2004

Broken Sleep

2.10AM: I just woke up after 2 hours of sleep. Once I start thinking about things, my mind wanders and it's hard to re-enter the sandman. I heard Darrell from Pantera got shot and killed at a show with his new band the other night which is terrible news. What a way to go. To be taken out like this while engaging in the Rock is so bizzarre. I guess Charlton Heston and his pals from the NRA feel it neccassary to defend the right of people to bear arms at the Rock Show.

Dude #1: "What are you doing tonite"?
Dude #2: "Going to see Dimebag Darrell and his new band."
Dude #1: "For God's sake man, don't forget your weapon, I heard the merch guy is dangerous."

Another symptom I've had but took no notice of: When I lie down to sleep my right eye tears up. (And you just thought I was a sensitive guy.) I haven't read about this one yet, but I'm sure it's related. There are worse symptoms to having an acoustic neuroma that's for sure. Note to readers: Any weird symptoms, ask your doctor.

We watched Matt Damon evade capture / murder last nite in 'The Bourne Identity'. Hollywood movies are a mini-vacation from reality. All those car crashes and he just kept going, what a tough guy. "Oh, he's good". I'm going to stock up on read-em fast bestsellers later today, another guilty pleasure I rarely make time for, but I'll soon have the neccessary window of opportunity to enjoy.

Two moviemaker types I gotta catch up with are Kris Lefcoe with "Public Domain" and Rob Stefaniuk with "Phil the Alien". I can't believe I haven't seen their movies yet. I'm a lame-o.
http://public-domain.tv/

I was registered for a GMAT prep course and planned to write the exam in June in order to get into an MBA program. It's gonna be great when I call Veritas (The GMAT prep company) to get my $200.00 deposit back. They're going to think 'this guy will do anything to get out of writing the GMAT.' "Uh hello Veritas? Ummmm.. I have to cancel the course......I have a brain tumour." My plans have changed however. Now it's Robert Ludlum, Steven King, and and maybe a whole Louie L'Amour kick. I'm going read good books and bad books, and watch good movies and bad movies, and even worse television.

No comments: