Monday, December 13, 2004

Office Space

Today was my first day back at the office post-diagnosis. I asked my boss to break the news to our group of about 35 on Thursday, and I sent my email ‘weather advisory’ out to all my contacts and colleagues this morning. I got a lot of love and good vibrations back, which of course felt wonderful -all warm and fuzzy. My boss BR is giving me a lot of support as are the energetic and talented group of people we work with. Pretty obvious I passed the site address around huh? What an ultra- maroon.

I’ll take all the energy and light I can get right now - I’ll need it for the upcoming months. Why anyone blessed enough to have family and friends would try to go through tough times alone is beyond me. Thanks to this blob, I mean blog, well hey! Everyone is welcome - I've gone public.

95% of the time I feel like a champ and 5% of the time I feel like a chimp, but thankfully the lower primate feeling passes quickly. It was kind of a weird day, but not without some laughs. My pod-mate HM brought me some lovely homemade Tikka chicken to bring home which Tess and I just finished assassinating. This fine fare represents the first of what I hope will be several tastily prepared dishes by those friends talented in the culinary arts. (Uh, of course I ate MOST of the Tikka chicken but you probably knew that.)

I got the lowdown on short-term disability today and cancelled my GMAT prep course. Hopefully I won't find my desk is moved down beside the bike racks when I return in a few months - that would be a Milton moment. No call yet from the neurologist’s office to book the Wednesday appointment - I’m going to call tomorrow morning and make it myself. The prospect makes my palms sweat, but the sooner I go under the knife the sooner I start to recover.

2 comments:

John Lalley said...

Claire Vinegar wins a prize!

John Lalley said...

Actually Claire gets partial points.
I didn't join the Blue Man Group, I joined the Blob Man Group.