Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Dr. Pirouzmand - 1st App

I have an appointment with the esteemed neurosurgeon Dr. Pirouzmand tomorrow at noon, and am hoping there is an O/R open for January. I cherish listening to music in stereo and using headphones but feel like I'm on PAUSE until surgery.

The staff at Sunnybrook has been amazing. Cheryl gave me a list of Dr. Chen's post-op patients and I've been in touch with a few of them, talking instead of typing. My fearless friend Catherine sent me a T-Shirt idea: "I Had A Brain Tumour, What's Your Excuse?"

Now Playing: "Can't Hardly Wait"
THE REPLACEMENTS

1 comment:

John Lalley said...

Thanks for the update Cindy. I hear great things about Montreal's Jewish General. (I miss Scwhartzes, the Montreal Pool Room, Wilensky's, St Viateur Bagel, Warshaw, and Bifteck St. Laurent.)

Best of luck and strength to you in your journey - email me anytime.

We discussed debulking and post-op radiation as a strong possibility for me. I think they'll need to open up and see how gummy the mass is. Looking forward to this appointment, and booking a date. Waiting is hard!