Tuesday, March 15, 2005

All Mod Cons

Are you sure you need to make that call? There is a possible connection to tumour growth that might make you think twice before you use your cell phone.

I was at the video store yesterday and the clerk thought I was daydreaming. She was on my deaf side and I didn’t hear her. Unfortunately, there will be situations where people will think I’m ignoring them, and aside from the hearing aid that I may end up having to get, there isn't much I can do about it.

I started this blog as therapy, to write about my brain tumour and about my trials with acoustic neuroma. I’m going to come to a point soon where I’ll be bored with tumour talk and this will morph into something else. The thing is, I’m almost at what they call the “new normal” and am going to have to start posting about whatever comes up. Before this past December I never had the discipline to keep a diary, and blogging is a great way to keep the shizzle. The challenge will be to keep it from becoming (insert John Lydon accent here) "boring."

Did you see Gabe on last Sunday night’s episode of Interventions? He was IQ tested as a child and scored a 156, which qualified him as a genius. How about his emotional intelligence? As Dr. Phil might say; "too much coddling could curdle."

No comments: