Saturday, March 05, 2005

Focus!

In Arrested Development, Liza Minnelli’s character suffers from Meniere’s Disease or is she just being a drama queen? One of these days (we're still soaking in season one), she and the amorous Buster will up their shares of Seagram’s Extra Dry gin, get it together, and move to the Garden State to live happily ever after.

I decided this week that I’m going back to work Monday, April 4th, and called to let my boss know. I’m starting to get a bit bored watching Oprah and with Luna’s conversation: ("Food? Sleep? Walkies?") and besides; as much as I dig her, she’s never offered assistance with the math homework. I’ve been working through a great book called What Next by Barbara Moses, which dictates that you appraise your skill sets and evaluate your strengths and desires so that you can target your perfect job.

I have to wait and see long term how much strength I have for school, at least seven hours a night of sleep will forever be a priority. Balance will be key, and if I slide into work-obsessed and compulsive behaviour, I know of a certain hundred pound firecracker that’ll keep me in line.

I start leading Spinning class again at Eclipse on Easter Sunday March 26. Easter will be good; I suspect class will be light on Christians but heavy on the sons and daughters of Abraham, and full of the good love. The Christians are welcome to burn off the chocolate the following Sunday. (Of course, all denominations are welcome, naturally.)

Tess and I are having lunch today with Sean and Nicole at some Mongolian place in their neighbourhood, but we will of course be stopping at a well researched wool store for the necessaries beforehand. Good times.

No comments: