Thursday, March 10, 2005

Phil the Alien

Rob's film Phil the Alien is doing well and getting great press, and hopefully we'll play a show with our band Mousekiss next month. Come home Pinchet Cabron, we miss you.

I went to work today for thirty minutes and stayed for three hours saying hello, and of course (unfortunately) repeating the same information. I expected this, and believe that most have good intentions when they ask how the past two months have been.

"I'm well, thanks."

“I have tinnitus that sometimes gets so loud I can barely hear the voices in my head.

"I have balance issues, but who doesn't with eyes closed and one foot on the floor?”

"My right ear is strictly decorative, please speak here.”

"It's way past my bedtime."

“I think the scar makes me look tough.”

“I’m a lucky Fenian.”

After muttering what sounded like some platitude or another about always trying to look on the bright side, I'd move on to the next person.

Maybe I should have flyers made up.

It was tiring, but really great to see everyone, and of course RM has promised me season one of The Office to help me while away the remainder of short term disability.

No comments: