Wednesday, March 09, 2005

In Toronto on Monday a man threw his daughter over a bridge to the ground below before jumping off himself. He died, but the child is in critical condition. It’s a terrible shame this guy felt it necessary to harm his baby prior to committing suicide. Why have babies if you don’t really want them? Why use children as bit players? I hope she recovers.

If you’re that tortured by life, please get some help.

It surprised me to hear that the Bloor Viaduct was once such a favored spot to ‘end it all’ considering all the bridges that cross the Don Valley. Isn't suicide supposed to be a little more private?

Monday: Ball Class
Tuesday: Low Impact
Wednesday: Cycle
Thursday: Cycle
Friday: Day Off!


I’d rather stick a fork in my eye.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are some sick people in this world, and the reality is that if he did survive his jump, he would end up getting his kid back! Go figure!

Mark2000 said...

I remember ye olde days when the Viaduct was a suicide spot, and I was one of the two shocked witnesses of such an event. Back in 1998, to get in shape, I used to do this awesome route which I highly recommend...you probably know it already. It takes a little over an hour. You go from downtown into Cabbagetown, down to the Riverdale Farm, down the big hill, then carry your bike down the stairs to the Don River, go north to the Viaduct, past it to Todmorden Mills, up Pottery Road to Broadview, and back down to Bloor. It's an excellent route for exercise with the combination of flat road and inclines it has.

Unfortunately, I haven't done the route since the day a man jumped off the bridge in front of my eyes as I approached it. The blood dripping out of his broken neck onto the dirt still rings in my mind...

Other than that, it's a great route to do. From reading your blogs, it sounds like you are out in that area (former municipality of East York?), and I'm sure you have a bike...

I also wanted to ask - is the Tuesday class you go to the Eclipse one at noon-time?

Good luck.

Mark2000 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.