Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Funky Crate

I told the Taylor Creekers that I’d like to get a snap of them in action before my day of reckoning comes in April. Secret Agent Everett is 'outta here like Vladamir' and moving to the Bruce Peninsula in May. Unfortunately, his wife recently died, and he is bailing out of his long time career at the CBC to retire at 51; it’ll be a shame to see him go, and needless to say, it’s too bad his girl isn’t going with him. The best-laid plans are fragile of course, and require constant revision.

Yesterday I ran into my Trenton High School buddy Klass and his two boys at the Laundromat. (It’s true I admit it. I wash Luna’s nasty crate blankets there.) Of course it’s been way too long since I’ve seen Klass. He and his family live blocks away, and this was the first time I’d met his enthusiastic fellas. His boys with Jackie are predictably beautiful, and by coincidence they know another notable Creeker, Fred the Grand Poobah. We had a coffee and caught up before exchanging numbers and promising to call each other.

So if having a brain tumour wasn’t enough, I’m painting my kitchen. ("It's not the destination it's the process.") Leaving the store this morning paint supplies in hand I heard a great song on CBC by Canadians Tegan and Sara. I don’t know what the song was called but it was really awesome and uplifting. Those two sisters have managed to stumble into something special, that’s for sure.

The results of CBC Radio’s 50 Tracks are in by the way, and it’s good to see ‘New York City’ by the Demics included. Maybe there is justice in Canada after all.

From today’s good news file: Shamsha Amarsi, the girl thrown from the bridge by her suicidal father earlier this month came home from the hospital today. Good luck little Sister.

No comments: