Friday, March 18, 2005

Song of the Day: “She Bangs the Drums”
THE STONE ROSES

As Iggy Pop once sang, “I’m the Chairman of the Bored.”

I’m not however, that bored. If God one day said to me “Johnny, you never have to work another day in your life”, I’d have no problem filling the days and don’t feel a pressing need to have a million dollars before I’m forty. Life is as precious and as fleeting as the disappearing snow. Just imagine a life of Tessing, fitness, dog walks, music, volunteering, books, movies, cycling, chumming, cooking, cleaning, blogging, and of course ‘skiving.’

skive
Noun. An evasion of one's tasks, a period of shirking.
Verb. To evade doing one's work or duties.


British slang rules.

I stopped in to see some old friends and workmates this morning. Sláinte chugat.

Anyway, I’m off. Time to do the ‘hooverin’. (vacuuming)

No comments: