Friday, February 25, 2005

Above the clouds the sky is always blue.

Workouts and lunch, dog walking and housecleaning, sweeping and dishes and cooking and recovery, I would never have a problem filling the days if I never had to work another day in my life, but I almost feel like I’m missing the action downtown. I was talking to Phil my neighbour about this yesterday. Phil is on permanent vacation (he’s retired), and we were talking about our perception that time goes faster as we get older, hurtling us with ever increasing velocity toward the inevitable. Phil has had prostate cancer and survived triple-bypass surgery, and understands that life is all too brief. Agreed.

Today is Friday, and many at work of all stripes today are ‘happy’ while on Monday they’ll be ‘sad’. That in itself is a drag, I could never understand the days of the week affecting well being to that degree. After all, Monday comes once a week, why be habitually miserable 1/7th of the time?

Spring is about to be born and rise up in its green and verdant way. For me, this has been one speedy winter - having more to bitch about than the weather has its advantages and teaches life’s valuable lessons.

Where I'd like to be before much longer.

1 comment:

John Lalley said...

Let's call the CSI team Mama. I'm just glad we amalgamated the several piles of knitting.