Saturday, February 12, 2005

Can't Shake That Geek

Hola,

My days consist of mega walks with the WonderDog Luna, “Vinyl Café Diaries” by Stuart MacLean, eating, listening to the radio, and sleeping. I celebrated my first 30 days post-op on Wednesday and all is groovy.

I can’t believe how tired I get at night: I fall into the deep and cozy caverns of the couch at 8.00PM, rise to the sweet dulcet tones of Star Jones and the View at 10.50PM and then I’m gonzo again until 6.30AM when I rise to put the coffee on – “The Great Canadian Coffee” as President’s Choice so aptly describe it as they scrape the underbelly of Tim Horton – it’s cheaper and tastes about the same. As far as the sleeping goes, some people characterize it “sleeping like a teenager”. Right now I sleep about 10 – 14 hours a day. Luna loves to hear me get up; she likes to run to the backyard in an attempt to surprise the squirrels and birds, poor buggers. I’m hoping they know all about the pesky White Dog, and run away in time.

I feel mentally strong, but am still physically weaker – time heals all, and thankfully I’ve got some time before I go back to work. I want to hit the ground running and don’t want to be the guy who leaves early “because he’s tired”, there's too much to do. I notice I’m not as sharp and eloquent when talking to strangers, there’s something else I need to work on to get back to my jovial self. It’s minimal but there nonetheless, I think it’s a self-confidence thing. (Of course I could lie or not mention it, but hey – I’ve gone public. (Did I tell you about the catheter?)

I went to Eclipse on Thursday to say hello, it was great to see you all, and the renovations look so amazing. I start balance exercises, stability ball, cardio, and very light weight there next week. I’m also going to see the Spinning Studio to listen, check the microphone, ride the bike and see how the room feels. (Recognizing that ambient sound is a bit of a clucker, I’m going to try to check out a class next week as well to hear the barrage of conversation that takes place prior to start.) I’m so looking forward to going back to the gym to work this and the other kinks out, and see all the cool fitness types and friends at the club.
Baci Be Gone.

PS - I think it's time for an electronic pad drum kit for the house. Whaddya think? It's cheaper than a Harley. I should use this opportunity to try to squeeze a 'midlife crisis' toy into the equation. Are you there Tess?

PSS - I started driving on Wednesday.

Wed - 14 KM
Thurs - 9KM (Slacker)
Fri - 15KM
Sat -?

1 comment:

John Lalley said...

You got it, Chef.
How about Dolby's "Airhead"?