Monday, February 07, 2005

Hockey Night In Canada and the Superbowl

Go Alouettes!

I went to see the the lads last night at a place in Newmarket and watch a little bit of the game, but in true fashion didn't know who was playing until my arrival. (Neither did TL - good man.) What is it they say about the exploitation of corporate sports by the military-industrial driven mass-media?

It was great to see everyone and although the room was a little loud and the ambient sound a bit too much, things were much better after I plugged my good ear - it seemed to even things out a bit. It was tiring and conversations took some real focus, but well worth it. (BR - aka Sick Boy: "Bell me on the mobby") was in fine form, and telling good jokes: "Two Irish Catholics named Patrick and Michael wanted to join the IRA..." I had a cranberry-soda, no junk food passed my lips, and I lasted two hours before TL and I took our townie-butts south.

I'm doing some research related to one-sided deafness, ambient sound, tinnitus, and balance. These are the biggest hurdles for me, that of course and the size of my 'sliver', but that in no way is of any major concern at this point - it gets no energy, thanks very much.

No hockey this year, I feel for the fans. Greed is a trait best avoided.


"Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you sit quietly, may alight upon you."

Nathaniel Hawthorne

No comments: