Monday, February 21, 2005

Goodbye Hunter Thompson

Goodbye Hunter, We'll miss you. Did we really expect you to go out any other way? Anyone unfamiliar with the great gonzo journalist might start with 'Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas'.

· The Gonzo Site

· NY Review Says Adios

Today I ran on the treadmill for the first time (which tired me out but felt great), and had a chance to check out the other side of the coin when I spoke with a recently diagnosed acoustic neuroma patient. I'm glad I didn't have to make the agonizing choice between gamma knife and micro-surgery, and it felt good to help. I had two MRI scans, two CT scans, diagnosis, and surgery all within a five-week span, how smooth is that? I'm happy I didn't have months to think about it the choices - too many bad dreams.

Good luck and best wishes to K.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That comment about me kemo sabe?

I'm still mired in quicksand as far as info and choices to be made.

Probably going to fly the same path you did. Hope Dr CHen lives up to his stellar reputaion!

Anonymous said...

That comment about me kemo sabe?

I'm still mired in quicksand as far as info and choices to be made.

Probably going to fly the same path you did. Hope Dr CHen lives up to his stellar reputaion!