Thursday, February 24, 2005

Thursday is the Best Day for Grapes At No Frills

It’s been six-weeks [plus a day] since surgery and here is what I see: My balance is getting better every day, although when I get tired I walk into the occasional doorway and sometimes lose my place in the dark. Driving is as easy (and as dangerous and as bad for the environment) as it ever was. Sometimes it takes longer to form (written) sentences of varying length, though I understand any cognitive setbacks are temporary.

The AN meeting was small but informative, and as always, a load shared is a load lessened, although I feel (almost) as strong as Brett 'The Hitman' Hart in his prime. Talk about a comeback. That guy is coming back from a stroke – a tough row to hoe to be sure.

My level of fitness is at about 70%. Yesterday I took a 45 Min. Spinning class followed by an hour with Marci F on core and balance exercises, and came home to walk Luna. I was pretty tired last night but bolstered as always by Coronation Street at 7.30 - (Todd you can’t marry Sarah – you’re Gay. Now you’re off the hook because it looks like she lost the baby.) I grew up with this show, and with two transplanted Mancunians in the house my bias was doomed from an early age.

Sleep came like a lead blanket at 11, following a few minutes of couch-induced forays into ‘nighthood’.

“I’m not sleeping, I’m just resting my weary eyes.”

1 comment:

John Lalley said...

Sorry RM.
You can borrow my box-set of "Arrested Development" when I get back.

Redeem! Redeem!