Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Síochán leat

On Monday, Tess, her Mom and I went to the Omnimax at the Ontario Science Centre to see ‘Volcanoes of the Deep Sea’, some prime mega screen distraction followed by lunch at our favourite Chinese place downtown. I got a little misty eyed at the theatre just listening…Listening in stereo, speakers everywhere, top and bottom, left and right, the music, the sound, the sound, the sound! I guess it will be the last time I get to hear a high quality PA system in stereo. I mourn my loss but so it goes. Almost 150,000 people have died from the tsunami in Southeast Asia and Africa. Some children never get enough to eat. Some children get cancer. Some die. Keeping this tumour in proper perspective is key, and as mentioned earlier, I was lucky enough to hear the magic word B*E*N*I*G*N*

The MRI last night went as expected. Before the scan they put a loaded needle in my arm and taped it down as they explained that they wouldn’t actually inject the gadolinium until the end of the scan. So I walked around for a few minutes with a needle sticking out of my arm, which was kind of bizarre, and made me chuckle. As I was leaving, the tech saw me pocket the “disposable” foam earplugs and asked me what I used them for. I explained that I use them in the subway, fitness classes, at rockshows, and the like. He grabbed a big fistful, handed them over, and said - “You’re a taxpayer right?” Right enough. This morning was easy – they just took some blood, asked a few questions, and away I went. There was no psych evaluation, as I guess they determined that I am just ‘one together cat’. Speaking of cats, I have a CAT scan tomorrow before surgery, and I’ll be going in for 7AM.

I’m not sure when I’ll be able to update next, guess it’s down to how I’m feeling post op. I believe that you’ll see me back here a week from tomorrow, although I may be writing in stilted English - post-op my brain will tire easily, and I’ll need to rest often.

Amigos, make the most of each day – everyday.
Tess and I are going to walk the dog now, later skaters.


“Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bought $3 worth of good Karma from a homeless gent for you today John (at $.25 a pop who could pass it up). Hope it's useful. -Cam

T-Shirt idea: It's a set actually... one that says Stereo for Tess and one that says Mono for you. ;)