Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Surgery Date: January 12, 2005

Wednesday January 12, 2005 is the first day of the rest of my life.

Surgery is scheduled for one week from today, and although I've been hoping for a January date, I was thinking it would be toward the end of the month. What is it that they say about the best-laid plans? How did I feel when I found out? Cold and fuzzy with sweaty palms, that’s how.

I'm relieved to have a date and feel incredibly fortunate to be Canadian and in the capable hands that I’m in: The Creator, Dr. Chen, Dr. Pirouzmand, Tess, and the rest of my family.

The 2005 portion of the Sunnybrook Acoustic Neuroma Tour is about to begin.
C’mon Lemmy. Let’s Rock.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now Playing:

"Fulfillingness First Finale"
Stevie Wonder

Anonymous said...

Excellent news John. Welcome to Phase 2: "Brain Tumor Day January 12, 2005".

Be prepared for about 6 weeks of marshmallow grey matter time (Phase 3). And you'll slowly work your way out of the fog.

I am so please that you've got a date. Affirm Affirm Affirm.

EXPECTING THE BEST FOR YOU.

Catherine

Anonymous said...

John, you're a survivor, and i'm one more of your loving friends, saying
ROCK N'FREAKIN' ROLL.
Go for it, I'm behind you, John Joseph.

Anonymous said...

...oh, it's me, PJ , BTW. (it's That anonymous Thing)

Anonymous said...

Prayers going out for you and your OR team. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Hey John,

Good to hear you have your surgery date, the whole gang at TCR are with you.