Monday, January 03, 2005

Surgical Approach

I hope that they can stick with Translab as opposed to combination Translab / Retrosigmoid.

The high incidence of post- op Retrosigmoid headache is a concern, I believe due to the retraction of the brain. I read on the net (don't believe everything you read) that another reason is due to the higher possibility that bone dust from the drilling escapes into the site. Better bone dust than a Dremel drill but I most certainly don't want to be Mr. Chronic Heachache! It's a crying shame the tumour is too large for Mid Fossa but I think that appproach leaves the biggest scar. Speaking of which, I'm going to have a whammy to show off to the body modification community, especially considering I'm a shave the head type of guy.

Strolls into tattoo studio, says to freshly tattooed client:
"Nice tattoo, but check out this scar."
"Dude, that's rad. Where did you have it done?"
"Sunnybrook and Women's College Hospital - appointment by reference only."



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John,
Its Kelly here, Just wanting you to know that I did not get any headaches post retrosigmoid surgery.
Supposedly, the bigger the tumour the less likely you get chronic headaches.
I mean NO headaches, I have taken maybe 3 regular Tylenols since my surgery 16 months ago,(and that included a hangover) :P

Anonymous said...

Kelly that's great to hear, thanks for posting.

John

Anonymous said...

Here's one for you John:

My scar is about 6" long. Runs from the hairline at my neck up through the hair adjacent to my ear.

The hair around the scar all grew back - WHITE

My husband calls it my skunk stripe....not that anyone sees it any more, thank you Mr. L'Oreal....!

Catherine

Anonymous said...

Guess I'm gonna need one of these:

http://www.clubdevo.com/mp/images/store/pomp.jpg

Anonymous said...

WAY KEWL gotta get me one of those.

Sure could save some money on L'Oreal colour #F64.

Catherine

Anonymous said...

Hi, John. I don't know you at all but came across your website when I was searching for a name in Google. I read some of your entries and was so impressed with your positive outlook. I just wanted to wish you the best of luck in your upcoming surgery. With such great energy your life can ONLY get better! Thanks for touching a complete strangers life!

Kami...Los Angeles, CA